I came across Soul Chef‘s music on BandCamp a couple years ago. Instantaneously, I fell in love with his music. Hailing all the way from New Zealand, Soul Chef is a producer who does a remarkable job of fusing Jazz, Soul and Hip Hop. Being the “Golden Era” stan that I am, Soul Chef’s knack for old school horn-filled samples over Hip Hop kicks and snares is truly a breath of fresh air.
His latest offering, “Escapism” didn’t fall short of the anticipated hype. Soul Chef delivers every time. Recruiting different emcees for each track he produces, makes for an extremely diverse project.
01) Drifting In A Daydream (feat. Need Not Worry)
06) What You Rappin’ For (feat Nieve)
09) Oh No (feat, Hydroponikz)
13) Blunt Love (feat. The Black Sunn)
16) Blind Man See (feat. The 49ers)